The United States Dressage Federation (USDF), The Dressage Company, and the Neighbors in our Network offer recognized and schooling dressage shows for riders at all levels. NEW in 2022: The Dressage Company Year End Awards will also recognize riders competing in Eventing and Combined Tests.
By taking part in these local and regional competitions, you can make new horse friends, have fun and gain helpful insights to improve your riding. You can also win awards as a rider and as a horse-and-rider team.
How to Earn Show, Series and Year End Awards
You can win ribbons and prizes at individual schooling and USDF-recognized shows. Some Neighbors in our Network also offer additional prizes for riders who compete in a series of shows. The scores you earn during the competition year can also qualify you for year end awards from The Dressage Company and some of the Neighbors in our Network.
Every competition has its own entry rules! Visit the show sponsor’s website for entry forms and rules. Follow them carefully to be sure your rides qualify for the show, the series or the year end awards you are working toward.
How to Qualify for The Dressage Company Year End Awards
1. Make sure you are a current member of The Dressage Company.
2. Register before your first show in a new competition year (November 1 - October 31). Register yourself and each horse you plan to compete as a separate horse/rider combination. Specify the level(s) you will ride in dressage, Combined Test or Eventing, and whether you are a junior or senior rider. You may ride as an amateur and compete only with other amateurs. You may ride “open,” meaning you may compete with professionals as well as amateurs. Scores earned before you register will not qualify for year end awards. See the Year End Award Rules and registration form on the Forms & Documents page.
3. Confirm the judge at each show is qualified. Your rides will qualify for year end awards only if the judge scoring your ride is a USDF (“L” graduate or higher) judge or a USEF (“r” Eventing or higher) judge. The show entry form will indicate the judge’s credentials.
4. Earn at least two Dressage Company participation points during the competition year. Attend one club meeting (member, business, committee or program) and earn additional points by volunteering with the club.
5. Save your tests and submit at least three qualifying scores for each division you enter. Your three scores must be earned from at three different shows for each level you have entered. Scores for Combined Tests and Eventing must include all completed phases of the competition to qualify. Submit the Year End Award Score Submission form with a copy of the front page of each qualifying test to report your scores by October 31 of the competition year. Find the Year End Award Score Submission form on the Forms & Documents page.
Due to the evolving status of local horse show venues during the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2022 Dressage Company Horse Show has not yet been scheduled. Please watch our Facebook page and this website for this and other competitions in 2022.
Check back here for everything you need to enter the Dressage Company show when it is scheduled.
CHAMPION Melanie Stewart/Excalibur's Jake 67.876
CHAMPION Leslie Laine/Felpz 67.8016
CHAMPION Mary Lynn Griswold/Rhea OBX 66.44
CHAMPION Debbie Boeh/Lindor Gold 64.656
FIRST LEVEL Melanie Steward/Excalibur's Jake 71.714
SECOND LEVEL Leslie Laine/Felpz 71.351
FOURTH LEVEL Debbie Boeh/Lindor Gold 73.59