The United States Dressage Federation (USDF), The Dressage Company, and the Neighbors in our Network offer recognized and schooling dressage shows for riders at all levels. By taking part in these local and regional competitions, you can make new horse friends, have fun and gain helpful insights to improve your riding. You can also win awards as a rider and as a horse-and-rider team.
How to Earn Show, Series and Year End Awards
You can win ribbons and prizes at individual schooling and USDF-recognized shows. Some Neighbors in our Network also offer additional prizes for riders who compete in a series of shows. The scores you earn during the competition year can also qualify you for year end awards from The Dressage Company and some of the Neighbors in our Network.
Every competition has its own entry rules! Visit the show sponsor’s website for entry forms and rules. Follow them carefully to be sure your rides qualify for the show, the series or the year end awards you are working toward.
How to Qualify for The Dressage Company Year End Awards
1. Make sure you are a current member of The Dressage Company.
2. Register before your first show in a new competition year. Register yourself and each horse you plan to compete as a separate horse/rider combination. Specify the level(s) you will ride and whether you are a junior or senior rider. You may ride as an amateur and compete only with other amateurs. You may ride “open,” meaning you may compete with professionals as well as amateurs. Scores earned before you register will not qualify for year end awards. See the Year End Award Rules and registration form on the Forms & Documents page.
3. Confirm the judge at each show is qualified. Your rides will qualify for year end awards only if the judge scoring your ride is a USDF (“L” graduate or higher) judge or a USEF (“r” Eventing or higher) judge. The show entry form will indicate the judge’s credentials.
4. Earn at least five Dressage Company participation points during the competition year. Two of your five participation points must be earned by attending meetings. Three of your five participation points must be earned by volunteering at the Dressage Company horse show.
5. Save your tests and submit at least three qualifying scores for each division you enter. Your three scores must be earned from three different judges at three different shows for each level you have entered. Submit the Year End Award Score Submission form with a copy of the front page of each qualifying test to report your scores by October 31 of the competition year. Find the Year End Award Score Submission form on the Forms & Documents page.
See the Year End Award Rules on the Forms & Documents page for more details.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2020 Dressage Company show originally scheduled for June 20, 2020 at Majestic Farm in Batavia, Ohio. is postponed. Please watch our Facebook page and this website for the rescheduled date and entry forms.
Check back here for everything you need to enter the Dressage Company show when it is rescheduled for 2020! Remember, entry closing date is one week before the show.
CHAMPION Abby Fudge/Hotter than Arizona 67.292
CHAMPION Brittany Geglein/WOW Fraulein 78.9
RESERVE Julie Bath Primack/Smartie Pants 66.825
CHAMPION Leslie Laine/Felpz 75.632
CHAMPION Sydney Brueneman/Carolina Brew 67.013
CHAMPION Sydney Brueneman/Carolina Brew 65.57
CHAMPION Sue Segerman/Moonshine OAM 58.648
CHAMPION Lois Kohnhorst/Trickery 67.183
RESERVE Julie Mullins/Charles in Charge 65.531
CHAMPION Elliott Durbin/Santana 70.606
CHAMPION Kristie Lutz/Kennedy 67.501
CHAMPION Leslie Laine/Felpz 70.003
RESERVE Melanie Stewart/Excaliber's Jake 66.09
THIRD Kelli Pierani/Mr Good Bar and Chip 61.9
CHAMPION Debbie Boeh/Lindor Gold 69.082
CHAMPION Debbie Boeh/Lindor Gold 68.042
CHAMPION Julie Bath Primack/Smartie Pants 69.333